Do you remember when Mark Wahlburg was a rap star?
His group Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch didn’t last long but his image lives on today.
Now a successful actor in some of my favorite movies he has been a house hold name since he was a teen.
His Calvin Klein ads have gone down in history and often duplicated by current stars of today.
I am going to explain how to get the body that girls often drool over and still talk about today which is the Mark Wahlburg Calvin Klein look.
Broad shoulders, a square chest and big arms will give you the look. Building certain body parts will help you achieve the Mark Wahlburg Calvin Klein ad appearance.
He is not bodybuilder big at all but well proportioned with his physique. Having a wide upper body and small waist gives the illusion of someone appearing bigger then they really are.
Remaining lean will create this look easily as well. Not competition bodybuilder lean but 10% body fat or less should be the goal.
If you are not already lean that should be your main goal. You should work on getting lean first while building muscle and focusing on certain body parts.
Eating lots of vegetables and comsuming your carbohydrates after your weight training workouts will help you in your efforts. Eating right and consuming the right foods is key to staying lean.
You can do all the cardio in the world but if you are NOT eating right then getting lean will be problematic.
Sample Healthy Eating Day
Wake up and wait 4-6 hours until you eat. Consume your food in an eight hour window and stay fasted for 16 hours. Click Here to watch the Video on Intermittent Fasting Made Easy.
A big salad with your choice of protein on top. Keep the dressing to a minimum (Nothing thick and creamy, example oil and vinegar).
Your first meal should be high in protein and low in carbs along with all healthy ingredients.
Click Here to learn about the 30 Day Salad Challenge.
Here is a SMALL list of Snacks you can have in-between the two meals a day you are having. YES, I said 2 meals because thats all you will need if you are looking to burn some fat.
Lose the fat then worry about increasing your food intake to another meal a day.
Almonds, protein bars low in sugar, protein shake, banana, Apple, or choice of one fruit
Protein: Grilled chicken, skirt steak, salmon, tuna
Vegetable: spinach, broccoli, string beans, etc (all preferably steamed)
Carbohydrate: sweet potato, brown rice
The Fist Method
When all else fails in your diet to get lean use the fist method. Use your fist to measure the amount of food for each food group. Don’t have a ton of brown rice and alittle piece of chicken. You want to have a BALANCED MEAL.
–>About the Fist Method in this Video HERE —> Beginners Guide to Getting A Six Pack
Split Routine Day 1
- Arnold shoulder press 4 x 6-8
- Side dumbbell shoulder raises 3 x 8-12
- Front barbell shoulder raises 3 x 8-12
- Barbell bicep curls 4 x 8-12
- Rope pully bicep curls 3 x 8-12
- Incline bench dumbbell bicep curl 3 x 8-12
- Dumbbell skull crushers 4 x 8-12
- Rope pulldown tricep extension 3 x 8-12
- Reverse pulldown tricep extension 3 x 8-12
Split Routine Day 2
- Pull ups (preferably weighted) 3 sets
- Dips (preferably weighted) 3 sets
- Incline Bench Press 4 x 6-8
- Dumbbell Incline Chest Flys 3 x 6-8
- Flat Bench Press 3 x 6,8,10
- Bent Over Barbell Deadlift 3 x 6-8
- Wide Grip Seated Cable Row 4 x 6-10
- Push-ups to failure (different variations) 4 sets
Split Routine Day 3
- Leg press 4 x 6-10
- Calf raises 3 x 6-10
- Wall squats 4 sets to failure
- Standing barbell shoulder press 4 x 6-8
- Side Lat raises 3 x 10-12
- Rear shoulder raises 3 x 10-12
- Dumbbell bicep curls 3 x 6-8
- Seated hammer bicep curls 3 x 6-8
- Dumbbell tricep extension 4 x 8-10
**Rotate workouts with a rest in-between each day**
**So you will be weight training 3-4 times a week**
For example: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday or Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Abs should be trained after every workout.
Traditional crunches and leg raises should be applied along with weighted abdominal exercises.
Much importance should be focused on your abs because without abs you will not be able to pull off the Mark Wahlburg Calvin Klein look. You should treat your abs like every other body part.
You need to feel the burn and only if you lose fat your abs will appear.
An Example Abdominal workout
- Crunches 3 sets to failure
- Leg raises 3 sets to failure
- Sit ups with weights 4 sets to failure
Other Options to Getting Lean
Jump rope cardio
HIIT treadmill workout
Learn how to overcome your hunger by clicking HERE