Tis the season.
Everyone is looking forward to celebrating the holiday season with family and friends. But for the most part, I am looking forward to the food being served. There is nothing like eating big hearty meals with the people you love.
There is usually more then one entrée that we stuff our faces with during these special times. Here is one meal that caught my eye.
It’s Healthy Lasagna Rolls brought to you by Dave Hewitt over at Boo Boo’s Kitchen.
Here is the amazing recipe to make this delicious dish at your next get together.
Healthy Lasagna Rolls
Serves: 9 lasagna rolls
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat free ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- salt and fresh pepper
- (optional) 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced,1.25 lb lean ground turkey (93% lean) or for pescatarians like myself 1 ½ Pounds fresh shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 32 oz tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
- 9 Tablespoons part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Make sure you drain the spinach well. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasonings, chicken (Ground turkey or Shrimp), and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
2. Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry by patting them with a paper towel. Take ⅓cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over a noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
3. Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
4. To serve a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.